Tuesday 13 April 2010

Trials and errors

Opening an Etsy boutique (and being serious about it) requires some commitment. You have to invest a lot of your time in filling your boutique with gorgeous stuff. Creating takes time.

Opening my very own boutique motivated me to create the things I dreamed of creating. I'm always filled with ideas and concepts, colors and pattern. So much that I have a hard time to sleep at night! Before, I never had time (more accurately TOOK the time) to write down all my ideas. And now, I feel like I have the occasion, (no, almost the obligation) to create new, cute and fun stuff!

Of course it's time consuming and somehow uncertain. You can spend hours knitting or sewing something, just to realize afterwards that it's not coming out the way you wanted. The cut, the pleats, the colors, the textures... sometimes there is just something wrong!

A hasbeen cardigan turned in a wanna be lace shawl. Not happening...

But then, you create something beautiful. Something you are so proud of creating that you just can stop smiling! After hours of hard work and perseverance, you finally achieve the artwork you had in mind. And you just can't wait to show it to everybody! Even if you're not planning on selling it in your boutique, the self satisfaction is there.


After finishing the perfect rough draft of my first ever sewing pattern, I ran to the fabric store for the next step : the real thing! I found, with the help of a sympathic sales woman, some beautiful yellow - gold silky fabric and pretty colorful polyester lining. I can't wait to see the end result. And maybe I'll make another one for myself...



Opening an Etsy boutique gave me the opportunity to experiment and improve my sewing and knitting skills. And if I keep making trials and errors and persevere, not only I will improve as a creator, but I will, I think, improve as a person. Because practice makes perfect!

2 comments:

brizmus said...

Your etsy boutique is so much fun! I'm glad it's giving you a sense of inspiration and motivation. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful clutch! It is so beautiful. I love silk!!! You are indeed a very talented girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...