Thursday 13 May 2010

Homemade Pop-Tarts


Pop-tarts. It was such a treat when I was young! I remember picking them up at the grocery store with my mom, imagining how good they will taste. The hot, melted filling, the crispy tart...


My boyfriend is French, so he never ate pop-tarts when he was young. I was in shock, and immediatly bought him a box. And you know what? He did not like that. Again, I was in shock! How could I possibly make him like pop-tarts? Because, you know, pop-tarts are awesome.


And then, I found this recipe, from Smitten Kitchen (if you don't know this blog, go take a look. One of the yummiest blog ever). And that was it, I knew I wanted to make these. How cooler (and yummier) can it be? Homemade pop-tarts?


So, here is his review : ridiculously DE-LI-CIOUS ! And to me, they taste like the real thing, but even better and with a dash of self-satisfaction! Plus, the recipe is very well written. Just do exactly what she says and you'll end up with tasty, yummy pop-tarts! Just... try these! You won't regret it!

2 comments:

Thea said...

Yours look so yummy! I over-mixed mine :(

Anonymous said...

I had been wanting to check out this post for days! So glad I finally got around to it. Looks delicious. You've inspired me to give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...