Friday 4 March 2011

New Design : Gespeg


3.00$ USD


Size
  • 17” unstreched (meant to be stretched out on head) (Blue version)
  • 19” unstreched (meant to be stretched out on head) (Pink version)
Gauge
  • Size 17” : 4” (10 cm) = 21sts x 40 rows in Double diamond st pattern with US 7/4.5mm
  • Size 19” : 4” (10 cm) = 19sts x 36 rows in Double diamond st pattern with US 8/5.0mm
Needles
  • For size 17” (19”) : One set of 5 dpns US 7/4.5mm (US 8/5.0mm ) knitting needles OR size needed to get gauge.
  • Cable needle
Yarn
  • Both sizes: 1 skein of Cascade Yarn 220 in Westpoint blue (100g, 220 yards, 100% wool)
  • OR 1 skein of Madelinetosh tosh vintage in Isadora (110g, 200 yards, 100% Merino)
  • OR at least 200 yards of any worsted weight yarn.


Gespeg is a slouch hat, perfect for cold days or chilly nights. Gespeg features a slipped stitch pattern, a twisted stitch ribbing, and beautiful crown shaping and just enough slouch to have a young and hip vibe. Pull it down on your ears or wear it a little bit higher, you won’t want to take it off! This pattern features charted and written instructions for both stitch pattern and crown shaping. Pattern has been tested and proof read.

I had so much fun designing this hat. I had fun working all those slipped stitches and seeing the stitch pattern come alive. And working with Madelinetosh is just about a dream come true! Yes, one of my knitting resolution was to buy some Madelinetosh for the first time. Now I can cross it off the list!


It was also my second collaboration with my photograph friend Laurie. We are really closed friends and it's always a pleasure to model for her!

On another note, I'm currently working on a super secret yet very exciting project. I will have to hustle and work like a mad knitter, but it will be oh so worth it! secret secret....

Have a nice week-end!

6 comments:

Loulek said...

Trop la classe!
Bravo pour ce nouveau design ! J'y penserai quand il refera froid.
Pour le moment je profite des 15 degrés et du grand soleil, ça fesait longtemps !

Taloferia said...

I saw this on Ravelry the other day and thought: "Wow!" It is beautiful...you've got some mad design skills. I am jealous. (photos are great too!)

Rachel said...

Love this hat. Now which worsted skein do I use?

Maryse said...

Secret, secret, grrr... What can I say, I'm a curious person... I look forward to see what it is! Again, gorgeous hat!

spinndiva said...

Wonderful hat! Love it!!!!

janna said...

That's beautiful! I just finished a hat and gloves out of MadTosh Vintage - what a wonderful yarn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...